env currently ends up with all the data accessible via http://data.glacsweb.info/iceland/graph. All data is stored in the raw files as received, it is also inserted into a MySQL database for easier analysis.
Norway data that was on leo has also been moved onto this server and is available at http://data.glacsweb.info/norway/plotter.php
Comms from Iceland are via an amazon cloud instance, for information about this contact Kirk or Phil.
The main website is hosted on a System machine.
This wiki is hosted on cima.
There is also a media repository available online - for details contact Phil.
All data stored on env is also backed up every 24hrs to a different building.
Connect MySQL to matlab
To enable matlab to get the data from mysql I followed the instructions given in http://matlab-ib-trading.blogspot.co.uk/2010/08/matlab-and-mysql.html with a couple of minor modifications.
- Use the latest version of the connector
- Change the line in the classpath file so that the version numbers match.
- Make sure matlab has permision to change the classpath file (or run matlab in admin mode for that step only)
Connect MySQL to excel
- Download the ODBC connector from http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/odbc/ and install it (if running 32 bit office and 64 bit windows you seem to need both versions)
- Goto data sources (ODBC) in Admin tools click add
- Choose mysql ODBC driver and follow instructions
- in Excel goto the data tab and select from other sources
- Then choose microsoft query
- Choose the name of the connection you chose earlier
- You can then choose which data you want to import
- It can be updated by clicking Refresh All